zondag 4 mei 2008

Excitement

It's been nearly two weeks now since I've been accepted into GSoC and I'm still not entirely over the huge excitement, but maybe that's beacuse I don't really get much time to be excited while I'm reading all the porting-minix-arm-architecture-stuff. Not that the literature isn't exciting, it's just another kind of excitement, if you know what I mean...

It's also been nearly two weeks that you've been waiting to read a bit more about myself, which is actually awfully long... I know, I should blog more often, mea culpa.

My name is Emmanuel Lesser, but in the digital universe I often refer to myself with nicks like 'elesser' (how original) or 'stunix'. I live in Antwerp, one of the bigger cities in Belgium. I'm currently finishing my Bachelor degree in Applied Engineering: Electronics-ICT, which I hope to get in the first week of July if all goes well. I'm into hardware and software engineering, with a special focus on digital signal processing and artificial intelligence. Re-read the previous phrase if you want to know what my hobbies are. Yes, that's true :)

You can talk (or write) to me in English, Dutch, French, C, C++, C# and VHDL. With some good-will, I'll also understand Spanish, Chinese, Java and Assembly. This list is certainly not complete, but hey, I don't want to show off. I use my CV to do that.

The project is still in its preparation phase, so no code has been written yet. The official starting date given by Google is May 26, but that won't stop me from doing some 'preliminary' coding in the next few weeks. So that's something to look forward to.

I wont tell you what my next blog post will be about, just be aware that it will be a technical one, like most of the posts from now on. And also, you won't have to wait two weeks to read it, so keep an eye on your RSS-reader!

Geen opmerkingen: